Best Selling Author of "The Go-Giver" Shares With Us How To Live A Life Full of Giving
Bob Burg shares information on topics vital to the success of today’s businessperson. He speaks for corporations and associations internationally, including fortune 500 companies, franchises, and numerous direct sales organizations.
Bob regularly addresses audiences ranging in size from 50 to 16,000 — sharing the platform with notables including today’s top thought leaders, broadcast personalities, Olympic athletes and political leaders including a former United States President.
Although for years he was best known for his book Endless Referrals, over the past few years it’s his business parable, The Go-Giver (coauthored with John David Mann) that has captured the imagination of his readers.
The Go-Giver, a Wall Street Journal and BusinessWeek Bestseller, has sold over 700,000 copies. Since its release, it has consistently stayed in the top 25 on 800ceoread’s Business Book Bestsellers List. It has been translated into 21 languages. It was rated #10 on Inc. Magazine’s list of the Most Motivational Books Ever Written and was on HubSpot’s 20 Most Highly Rated Sales Books of All Time.
Bob is the author of a number of books on sales, marketing, and influence, with total book sales of well over a million copies.
The American Management Association named Bob one of the 30 Most Influential Leaders and he was named one of the Top 200 Most Influential Authors in the World by Richtopia.
Bob is an advocate, supporter, and defender of the Free Enterprise system, believing that the amount of money one makes is directly proportional to how many people they serve.
He is also an unapologetic animal fanatic and served on the Board of Directors of Furry Friends Adoption and Clinic in his town of Jupiter, Florida.
Selected Links and People from the Episode:
- What keeps Bob driven and keep going to work (2:55)
- What attributed to the success of the book "The Go-Giver" (4:50)
- The 5 Laws of Success (9:10)
- Ensuring that you aren't giving too much to the point you get taken advantage of (16:50)
- The Law of Authenticity (22:33)
- "The Go-Giver Influencer" New Book (33:00)
- Listening with "the back of your neck" (39:02)
- What Bob means by "Set the Frame" (40:22)
- 8 Keywords of influence (46:52)
- Seeking out mentors and the importance of it (49:46)